In 1998 Corpus Globe Corporate Solutions Limited (CGCSo) was established to provide quality company secretarial services to mainly multi-national and international clients. Following the global economic crisis in 2008, stabilisation of the global and domestic economies brought an increased demand for business set-up and corporate governance services, from both foreign investors interested in Zambia and local businesses.
This prompted Corpus Legal Practitioners to rebrand and substantially extend the scope of its outsourced services, and Corpus Globe Corporate Solutions (“CGCSo”) was born in 2010.
CGCSo prides itself on being a one-stop-shop where clients can dock when starting up a business in Zambia. We provide a welcoming and reassuring business experience, providing competent and efficient advice and service.
Our clients can also rely on us for support with continuing compliance such as:
- company secretarial and meeting services
- annual and compliance filings for companies, NGOs and other entities
- updates on company secretarial statutory and regulatory compliance
- immigration permitting
- Value Added Tax (VAT) agency to non-resident service suppliers.
CGCSo’s client base includes local and multinational companies, NGOs and donor-funded agencies, and individuals investing in Zambia in various sectors from agriculture to mining, energy & infrastructure to technology, transport & communications to health & education.
Our goal is to be the market leader in the provision of corporate, immigration and accounting services to corporate clients with business interests in the region by offering a professional, client-centric quality service with passion and integrity.
Our directors are Charles Mkokweza and Sydney Chisenga, both reputable legal practitioners and partners in Corpus Legal Practitioners, Lusaka.
CGCSo currently has 10 capable and experienced legal staff:
- Susan Clayton - Legal Manager
- Adrian Makowa - Legal Supervisor
- Hendrix Tembo - Legal Officer
- Seraiah Mulenga - Legal Officer
- Chilombo Kakoma - Legal Assistant
- Kusiyo Mubita-Shikambo - Legal Assistant
- Marian Chembeya - Immigration Head
- Emely Kafupi - Legal Clerk
- Mwenzi Tembo-Zulu - Legal Clerk
- Prisca Chisha - Legal Clerk
Ably supported by:
- Kondwani Lungu - Acting General Manager; also Head of Finance
- Carol Johnstone-Siliya - Operations Manager
- Ben Malama - Accountant
- Richard Mutemwa - Assistant Accountant
- Collina Munshya - Administrative Assistant
- Samaria Lungu - Registry Clerk
- Abraham Banda - Driver
- Mercy Mwape - Office Assistant
CGCSo operates under four (4) service departments with a brief description as set out below:1. Legal & Compliance
The Legal & Compliance Department is able to assist businesses to comply with both general and sector-specific one-off and continuing obligations such as filings at public registries, filings, or lodgements with regulators etc. The Compliance Department also take the lead in assisting clients to obtain licences, permits or other grants from regulators or other authorities such as immigration and visa permits etc.
2. Nominee Services
The Nominee Services Department (the "NSD") offers services to clients of CGCSo (and can also assist prospective clients) such as nominee shareholders, nominee directors, attorneys under powers of attorney or similar services. In addition, the NSD will largely focus on undertaking processes normally outsourced by businesses concerning internal compliance such as company secretarial services, board meetings, human resource functions etc.
3. Payroll Services
CGCSo has the capacity to provide payroll services through Corpus Globe Operations Limited ("CGO"). In the same vain, CGO can also assist with bookkeeping services.
4. Tax Agency
CGCSo has a comprehensive tax department that offers tax agency services, tax compliance and tax advisory services. These services are provided through CGO.
CGCSo has a large clientele including local and regional businesses, multinationals, donor-funded entities and foreign individuals which come to invest or participate in Zambia in various sectors including energy, infrastructure, mining, technology, transport and health. We service our clients from point of entry, attending to relevant applications with the Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) and the Immigration Department, and ensuring that a company or entity is compliant from the start with the various regulatory bodies.
CGCSo is a one-stop-shop where clients can dock when starting up in Zambia to conduct business or projects. We provide a welcoming and reassuring business experience and ensure competent and efficient advice and service.
We also support our clients with continuing compliance such as company secretarial and meeting services, statutory & regulatory updates, annual filings for companies and NGOs, as well as immigration permitting.
Some of CGCSo’s clients are:
- MTN Zambia
- Heineken Zambia
- Minor Hotels
- Metropolitan Life Zambia
- Citibank Zambia
- Cummins Zambia
- Manda Hill Centre
- PrimeTime Property Holdings (Zambia) & Time Projects Zambia
- Bangweulu Power Company
- Maxamcorp Zambia
- Company incorporation, foreign company (branch) registration & business name registration
- NGO Registration and Annual Compliance
- Company Secretary Services, per quarter or per instruction
- Documentary agent (foreign companies registered in Zambia)
- Nominee Directors
- Corporate Nominee Shareholder
- Use of Address
- Company Meeting Services
- Company Searches
- Employer registration with National Pension Scheme Authority and Workers Compensation Fund
- Zambia Revenue Authority registrations (TPIN; tax registrations e.g. VAT, PAYE, Income Tax)
- Public benefit organisation (PBO) applications (for tax purposes)
- Opening Business Bank Accounts
- Local Authority Licencing e.g. Trading Licence/Business Permit, Fire Certificate
- Zambia Development Agency Registration (Investment Licence)
- Immigration Permits
- Reverse VAT agency (via our sister company, Corpus Globe Operations Limited)
- Payroll Services
CGCSo can prepare and file at PACRA all necessary documentation to notify changes within a company such as share capital increases and allotments, share transfers or new guarantors, and directorships. Board and member resolutions can also be drafted on demand.
CGCSo also advises and updates company secretary clients on company secretarial compliance matters and corporate governance.
As part of our meeting services, CGCSo can prepare and distribute notices and packs, attend meetings, and take minutes.
We can attend to applying to Zambia Revenue Authority for approval of a financial year end different to 31 December.
Kindly contact us for any other services that you may require as the list above is not exhaustive.
Stand No. 2374,
Thabo Mbeki Road, Mass Media
Telephone: +260 211 296011 / 12 / 13
Mobile: +260 953 083688 | +260 960 628385 | +260 770 628385